Wednesday, August 22, 2018

networking

More and more my days consist of making contact with people for story leads.  That is my fun thing at the moment.  I know a shit ton of people and if I don't know them personally I know somebody who does.  I am currently pulling together recommendation letters to go along with my resume as I search for a part time job.  

My only outing today has been to the 'gentral for toilet paper.  As I pulled through the Corner Market parking lot I noticed this huge guy on a motorcycle with a tiny little dog riding on the seat in front of him.  I wasn't quick enough to get a picture but then he pulled out ahead of me and I followed he and the biker dog all the way to Dyersburg.  I noticed him petting the pup as he drove and thought to myself "how cool is that!"  Dogs love adventure.  One of my friends is a pilot and he takes his lab flying.  My poor babies are just happy to ride in the back seat of the trusty old Camry and hang out the windows.  Oscar starts barking as soon we hit the lane because he knows he's home.  

So, yesterday was definitely not a slow news day in Washington.  I just tuned into the live White House briefing in time to hear Sarah say for the billionth time that President Trump isn't worried because he's done nothing wrong.  Alrighty then.  She better be working on her resume as well.

Desperate as I am for a job, I stopped by the golf course which is literally in my back yard.  Got a contact # for a conversation with the current manager.  Followed up on that.  How sweet would that be???  You can see my house from the second green.

Y'all be safe out there.  Love ya.  Mean it ^j^


No comments:

Post a Comment