Sunday, August 5, 2018

once upon a time

The past few years are sort of like a blur to me.  Work was chaotic a lot of family died and Reaves was born.  I became unexpectedly retired which has been a huge adjustment.  The bills are getting paid but just barely so I'm looking for options to make some extra money.  Time will tell.

The cabin still sits empty with no action in a couple of months.  I saw the electrician today and he said he's been checking every week or so to see if they're ready for him.  Not even close.  It was exciting seeing all that activity at first and disappointing to see it come to a stand still.  Not my circus, though.

I missed a chance to chat with Reaves this morning while she and her mama were still in bed.  By the time I called back she was busily playing.  My next planned visit is on Saturday after Lauren has a graveyard shift on Friday.  I try to be there when she really needs me but she's got a great support system.  

Still don't know if robber #2 has been caught but the victim pretty much f**ked up #1 which I applaud.  You reap what you sow buddy.  Justice is coming around in  more ways than I can count and that gives me faith that if you are persistent it CAN happen.  Each dealer that is removed from the street is a victory for all of us.

I have been totally off task this week and have accomplished zero except for laundry.  The dishes are piled high.  This is why I don't cook, even though I love it.  All this fresh summer food has been delish but it sure does a number on your gut when you've got diverticulosis.  Nuf said.  

I'm trying to walk the walk right now.  Be who I am and do the next right thing.  Stand up for human rights and help those in need.  I can't give 'em money, but I can sure listen.

Peace ~


No comments:

Post a Comment