Tuesday, August 21, 2018

black and bleu

My friends and I met at an Italian restaurant for lunch and what did I do?  Order a burger, of course.  Something about bleu cheese makes my taste buds flip over the edge.  We had a nice long visit like retired ladies can do. There are decades of family history among us and we hit a lot of the bases today.  Patsye's dad and brother have farmed this land as long as I can remember.  Mary Beth's mother and mine played bridge together for 50 years.  The other usuals couldn't make it but we missed 'em.  

On the way home I got a call from Lauren telling me she had fallen taking the trash to the dumpster and was in pretty bad pain.  Soon as I got home we discussed it and she had found an urgent care that offers on site x-ray.  If that doesn't show anything, an MRI may be necessary.  Alrighty then.  Just what she needs right now.  If I know her she was in flip flops and in a hurry to get to Kroger.  I messaged her the kind of knee brace I've been using and told her it's a must have.  As far as the rest, ice and elevation thing....that's pretty much impossible for a single mom.  Soldier on sister.

I woke up wonky and sickly again today so I broke down and got the Zpak filled.  I sure don't need pneumonia on top of the sinus infection.  I finished my first article and submitted it with pictures to follow.  My dumb ass deleted the first draft so I had to redo the whole thing.  bless.my.heart.

We were under a tornado warning last night and I never even saw a drop of rain but it sure did look scary what with all the dark shelf clouds.  My friend Cathy has a pile of cool toys for Reaves and she sent me the sweetest story this morning.  Her grandkids came over last night and saw their stuff piled up and wanted to know the scoop.  She painfully explained to them about her friend with a grandbaby who is littler than them and didn't have big girl toys.  Said she was going to give them to somebody in need maybe.   Immediately these two little ones suggested that why doesn't she give their toys to her FRIEND's grandbaby!  I do so love it when that happens.  It was a grandmaw teaching moment.  

Y'all keep smiling and shining.  Even when it seems impossible, it's a lot more fun than sitting in a hole having a pity party.  Take it 'til you make it.

No comments:

Post a Comment