Tuesday, August 28, 2018

all in a day's work

I just spent a couple of hours of quality time learning a bit about the processes that go on at the Dyer County Property Assessor's office.  My mind was blown at the history of these loyal civil servants and their varied histories.  One girl actually has a degree in ag business.  Several of them are life long friends so we had an old fashioned round table discussion about exactly what they do.  And it's a LOT.  

My utility bill just came and it's 40 bucks less than last month thanks to that little cool spell.  September's will be right back up there I'm sure.  There's a chance of rain the next couple of days so let's hold hands and do a dance.  Hell burn some sage.  It can't hurt.  

The big ass tree is still all over the yard but that's okay.  I'm gonna let it die off before I attempt to do anything with the wood like make a Swedish torch.  Those things are cool as hell!  You can even cook on them.  Which may be what I have to do if times get hard.  

The Dyer County Fair starts on Monday which is a big deal around here.  I grew up spending the week there because of my parents' heavy involvement.  As a teenager I worked the gates at the old fairgrounds.  I'm pretty sure that's not on my resume.  I had my first serious make out session in a guy's car one night when I slipped away.  Proceeds from my mother's famous cookbook went to help fund the family life center at the new location.  Now THAT is a labor of love.  

Stay cool and know your limits.  My boundaries are so firm right now they are kinda' like a stretched out rubber band.  You better test it before you cross.  

Namaste ~




No comments:

Post a Comment