Friday, August 18, 2017

the final eclipse

I've only witnessed one full solar eclipse that I remember and they're not that common so I'm thinking Monday will be my swan song on that.  Lord willing and the creek don't rise I will be with my soul sister Lorna, Lauen and Reaves at Grubb's Grocery.  Nothing like an eclipse party for lunch!  We plan to load up Lorna's vehicle with all it will carry of the baby hardware and go over to Jackson and help a pregnant girl out.  She's nesting like a mofo and ready to get the nursery ready for Reaves.  

I'm trying my best to heal the shoulder without surgery so I started physical therapy today with the fabulous Fred Woods at the sawmill.  He told me all about his experience which includes but is not limited to knowing John Barnes and a long tenure with the VA system.  He explained the difference between a "bad war and a good war" in VA terms.  He also schooled me on how the passage of the ACA resulted in drastic Medicare reimbursement cuts because the roll out was funded with their money.  We all know how the government wants what's best for all.  Treatments that were previously covered for elders are out of reach now and we're talking MOBILITY.  The ability to move and contribute to society and enjoy life.  Thank you for the knowledge Fred.  And thank you for helping out my poor shoulder.  I promise to be compliant.

My head is clearing out slowly but surely from the meltdown on Wednesday.  I feel more focused and goal oriented with the #1 goal being a peaceful life.  Just say no to drama.  Walk away from confrontation unless human rights are involved.  Be an advocate for someone.  I remember a quartet of junior high girls that included Lauren doing a mime for a school DARE program to Bill Withers' song "Lean on Me."  Basically, that's what being an advocate consists of.  In every situation that life presents, there is always the choice to do the next right thing.  

^j^

No comments:

Post a Comment