Monday, August 7, 2017

mia familia

I have not seen Nancy Joan in years but she was a blog and FB reader often so we were in touch that way.  She passed away suddenly yesterday and I found out this morning after missing phone calls from her sister Sandy and our cousin Millette.  My brother in VIRGINIA knew it before I did.  

Sandy and Nancy are the daughters of my uncle Bill and his wife Peggy.  He died at the age of 36 so they were pretty much raised up by Doc, the one they called Daddy.  I was several years older so I have fond memories of baby sitting the girls at the homeplace on College while Bill and Peggy had nights on the town.  I will never forget the sadness of watching those two little girls at his funeral.  I was with him when he died in the ICU and called the family to break the news.  

Both girls were towheads, and we called Nancy Joan "Ninky" for short.  They were good kids and Sandy and I remain close to this day as co-workers, friends and first cousins.  Not too long ago Nancy messaged me wanting to know about her daddy or what memories I had of him.  We never had that talk, and I regret it.

RIP dear Ninky ^j^




No comments:

Post a Comment