Sunday, August 6, 2017

oh baby!

This has been a whirlwind weekend for Lauren and Heather and Mama Brock, and AJ of course.  Heather picked her up on Friday in Jackson and they had lunch at the Bus Stop beause I had told her how good the brisket is.  She agreed.  My bed wasn't very comfy for her so she sacked out in the recliner and Lily snoozed with she and Reaves.  

The shower was awesome and filled with all kinds of love and surprises.  Reaves will be very well dressed, for sure.  It was at Nanny's mansion out in the country where Heather and Joe got married.  She was glowing as she opened package after package containing tiny little baby things.  There was a changing table too which will accompany all the stuff that currently sits in the living room thanks to Millette.  Heated wipe warmer and all.

She headed back to her own bed last night and I was blessed with a visit from old friends.  As we sat on the front porch at dusk I marveled at how big Conner is now and how far back we go.  The shower was like a mini-reunion for the girls that ran together back in the day.  One of those girls actually makes cakes for her job so she did the honors.  There were two baby boy cousins being passed around during the festivities and I got to meet Uncle Jeff out on the porch at smoke time.  Anna was photographer and social media co-ordinator.  Heather and Jennifer cooked and decorated making it all a very special event for Lauren and Reaves.  She should make her appearance aroud October 1st.  

Today is mine to piddle and play on the hill.  I treasure that time to do nothing but wander from thing to thing though I often end up retracing my steps to whatever mission it was that I was on.  Lerd, the mind is going.  Also the vision.  I pray that I don't develop macular degeneration like my Mama had.  She was almost completely blind when she passed.  

As we grow older I think we come to appreciate things we've always taken for granted like good health, family and true friends.  I haven't checked the news yet to see how the orange one's golf trip is going.  I wonder how much security costs for that "working vacation."  The whole thing is coming apart at the seams and while I'm glad in one respect I am terrified in another.  I prefer to think that Big Ernie has given the parties incentive to think about their constituents rather than loyalty to a certain tribe.  

I missed JT and Bonnie last night at FedEx but had a live stream via Chucky's phone so I was there in spirit.  Hopefully there will be another chance.  The dogs are still scratching in spite of flea treatment so I guess they've got doggie dermatitis.  

Y'all keep it out of the ditches and carry on with faith ^j^






No comments:

Post a Comment