Wednesday, August 2, 2017

robbing peter

I make a middle class living which means a lot of taxes.  There is no "other half of the rent" at this house, just me.  My daughter is pregnant and works a minimum wage job in another town.  I help her out when I can because she doesn't "qualify" for food stamps because of that great career.  She lives at the poverty level and I try to meet her halfway on things when I can.  I'm not saying I'm the thriftiest person in the world, but I don't blow money.  I drive a 16 year old Camry with semi-new tires, no hubcaps and only one door handle up front plus a number of dents.  It gets me where I'm going is about all I can say.  

By the grace of God I am surrounded by a great cloud of witnesses to the goodness of friendship.  They check on me and worry if I'm off the grid for long.  These friends are the ones who don't require a long explanation because just a facial expression will do in a pinch.  Like a well timed eye roll for instance.  They answer when you call or share and even if you don't see them for a year, it's like no time has passed.  What a lovely comfort. These folks hug you before they leave and sometimes when they first walk in.  

They come from time shared and experiences weathered together and if you're lucky, you get a chance to relive all of that through your golden years.  I think I'm there y'all.  Little Bit found some gray hair up top on my head today.  Time to see Marla :)

Sam Shepard's death has me back watching Bloodline and getting off on all things Rayburn.  The late great purchases from Hastings are boxed up and ready for whomever wants them.  Nurse Jackie. Weeds. Madmen. Breaking Bad. Bridesmaids and more!

I had a moment with a friend this afternoon that really touched me in an odd sort of way.  He shared his story with me, in detail.  That made me feel trusted.  

So.  It's still hot, just not as.  The nights are cooler and either the baby birds flew off or a snake got 'em.  The nest is empty either way.  

Harmony~

No comments:

Post a Comment