Thursday, August 3, 2017

heal thyself

My piraformis continues to be a pain in the proverbial ass so I broke down and took my pain cocktail today that consists of two aleve and two advil.  Currently I'm doing chair yoga to stretch things out a bit.  My fascia is tight as a tick.  I'm sleeping with a heating pad and therapy ball.  Hey...I try.  Opiates do nothing for it but did help after the tooth pulling.  Like, a lot.  It's what you call appropriate use of pain medication.  

Because of the opioid crisis that is tearing this country apart, not many practitioners will randomly give you that stuff.  Benzos are a problem too along with the every present meth and crack.  If grandma is dying of cancer she usually has some morphine laying around or a patch.  These all make their way to the streets eventually unless there is proper stewardship.  

Almost time to see my babies!


No comments:

Post a Comment