Sunday, August 13, 2017

fueled by hatred

Yesterday in Charlottesville was an atrocity started by the vice mayor of the city in response to the removal of a Confederate war monument.  Lest y'all think I'm a total demolibtard, I do not agree with removing these statues.  There are a part of our history and removing them does nothing but create chaos.  It does not undo the evils of slavery.  We all need them as a reminder of how this country turned on itself because it looks like it is happening over and over again.  Yes, all lives matter, even the lives of these hate mongers.  Counter demonstration, unless it is peaceful, is worthless.  Let the idiots do their thing and move along.  Several people were killed as a result of this tragedy, one by a 20 year old who mowed down a peaceful crowd after they were dispersed.  There's a special fresh hell for that dude.  

As my daddy would say "It has always been thus and so."  I was a teenager when Kent State happened at the height of the Vietnam war.  Talk about your innocents being mowed down.  Older folks didn't understand the frustration and anger of a generation who was vehemently against a useless war.  That the vets were treated badly is just another piece of the story that nobody wins with war.  Watch Born on the 4th of July again for a reminder.  Or The Deer Hunter.  

I ran into several folks at the "under construction" Kroger today, one of which was my brother doing his weekly chore.  I go about once a month after a payday and it lasts a couple of weeks.  From there I eat on the run until the spirit moves me to do the deed.  I also hugged and chatted with two old friends who have recently had corporate downsizing affect their lives.  It's happening in every business.  I heard Redneck Friend behind me and knew exactly who she was.  Huge spontaneous hug and long grocery store catchup.  Life is good.

This is the extent of my socialization.  I work and see people there both practitioners and patients.  Most of them are happy to see a familiar face.  I come home to my quiet spot and recharge for another day.  There is an occasional trip to Jackson to visit with "the girls" I am definitely in self improvement mode right now and intend to stay that way.  I will not give up.

Something got all but one of my squash plants so I'm down to that and a couple of maters which aren't doing well.  Maybe next year if we don't get nuked.  All I pray for is that if it's to happen Lord, make it quick.  I'm not up for any Hunger Games.

Peace and love ~

 

No comments:

Post a Comment