Monday, August 14, 2017

it is my circus

Boy did i walk into a s**tstorm this morning.  It seems that a couple of interfaces were jammed up with very important bytes of info while I was trying to result a large run of patients.  We compare printout hard copies with results the computer screen before they are released but that wasn't happening in the proper sequence which resulted in mucho confusion.  Then the damn instrument just froze up.  Twice!  Meanwhile all manner of folks were calling wanting to know what was up with their labs because we all know how important that is to a practitioner.  Ahem.  It continued to be a shitshow sort of day and I'm totally blaming it on the coming eclipse.  Or Trump.

IMHO this radicalization of our country has flourished since his campaign began because he fuels hatred and disrespect on both sides.  It makes sensational reading for media hounds who want to be a part of something and not think for themselves.  Sheeple, so to speak.  There is very little difference between what happened in Ferguson Missouri and Charlottesville Virginia and it's not all about the alt right or black lives matter.  It's a seething frustration of a people who are not represented by their government.

As of August 7th, I have worked at the same job for 40 years.  Early retirement is available at 62 so I made an appointment today to be told face to face that I can't afford to live on that.  What's really sad is that my ex-husband worked until he died and never saw a dime of what he contributed to SS.  I could draw off of him or myself but the end result is the same......a 25K per year cut in income.  Did I mention how tired I am?

I know....wah wah wah.  Full retirement age for me is 66.  I'm assuming I can get Medicare at 65.  Unless Sugardaddy shows up that's exactly what I'll do.  My yearning is to be employed doing something that uses my talents.   All ears are to the ground on that one.  

I can't get either Mamye or P on the phone so I reckon there's some kind of phone outage with their networks.  Or maybe they're just out of minutes.  Anywho, there's nothing to talk about but the weather.  Right now most of West Tennessee south of the 'burg is getting hammered.  Y'all be safe down there.






No comments:

Post a Comment