Thursday, August 10, 2017

silence is golden

I've had a full day.  Work was a good team building exercise which was followed by a dental cleaning and exam at the young Dr. Young's place.  Miss Reba is STILL there.  Talk about your dental legacy.  Gail fussed at me about not being regular with cleanings and I'm a new advocate for myself so there you go.  

I've missed my chats with Annie and Baby Sister what with all that's going on in our lives from Austin to West Tennessee.  I hear my mother's voice in their collective chatter....a bond that only the three of us know.  When Mama died, they ( of course ) couldn't be there but both sent flowers and hugged me by phone.  Annie is gonna' call me back...another great grandson expected!

My last stop was at Curry's where I dropped off my official deed for the Carter family graveyard located down at Gerald's. I stayed long enough to hug my cousin Sandy and meet Nancy's husband.  She has two sons and is part of the Reaves family history forever and ever amen.  Kay and I have such a bond it's ridiculous because we literally grew up together in church and school.  She learned to drive in her parents' Cadillac on their Lake Road front yard next to Homer and Jane's.  Spending the night with her was like fairyland to a country girl like me.  I see an Abe's date coming on.  

My last stop was to see Tab and Tracy both of whom were swamped.  Mamye is training there and I heard she did fantastic yesterday.  All is well with the world except for no little bottles of peach pecan.  Bummer.  

If I were you I'd be looking for a place to stockpile water even if it's on the steps.  Stay calm if you're outside of 3 miles of the blast.  The radioactivity decays quickly over a 24 hour period.  Just don't get the dust on you.  100k people in the direct blast path won't ever know what hit 'em and are either strumming harps or burning with the devil.  Okay...maybe purgatory is somewhere in between but whatever.  

I refuse to bow down to fear.  It cripples you and robs the joy out of life.  Before I started on the happy pill in my 40s I thought it was normal to cry every day.  Yeah.  Depression sucks and when you are a teenager it sucks even more.  I have watched our country grow into one of diversity during the tenure of a gentleman of a president faced with a Congress full of assholes.  When Boehner walked, I knew it was over.  

Annie had a cool pipe dream about how healthcare problems could be solved by standardization of pricing by item throughout the delivery system.  Forget all of that purchasing contract stuff because it saves the company money.  Or the overcharging.  My friend Carl posted a map listing the richest people in each state and in TN it's Frist.  Imagine that.  

I have seen healthcare evolve in the span of 40 years from county owned to Wall Street.  A lot of it has been fun and a learning experience.  There are certain people that I owe that to and they are the cloud of witnesses to what my life's work would be.   And you know what?   I'm not done yet.

^j^

No comments:

Post a Comment