Saturday, August 26, 2017

road rage

I absolutely despise WalMart and haven't been there in years.  However, the gentral' doesn't have quilts and I needed one so here I go to wallyhell.  It's bad enough under normal circumstances but damn near impossible with Mall Blvd under construction.  The only entrance from there is behind the auto center which I didn't realize until I passed it and found the others blocked.  Plan B:  Proceed to Lake Rd and take a left to the front entrance.  All went well until I was trying to pull out and turn left to go to McDonald's .  I waited and waited and there was some asshat in a pickup pulling an RV waiting to turn left into WalMart.  There was also a car behind me waiting to turn left.  Already frustrated, I hear dude in the truck yelling "what the f**k are you people doing.....turn right!  Which I did and as I passed him said "have a nice day buddy" as loud as I could.  Back down Mall Blvd and no McDonalds.  This is why I don't go there unless I have to.  People of Dyersburg certainly understand what a cluster it is out that way right now.  Do I hear an amen?

Prior to getting cussed out, I stopped by the pharmacy to pick up something at the window and spotted customer appreciation day going on.  I missed out on the shirts but did manage to get a big hug from Ms Barbara who was holding court at the hot dog grilling.  She was the 5th grade teacher who actually cried when I told her me and Lauren's dad were getting a divorce.  She's a very special lady to me and my co-workers.

Back in my little haven I have no plans to leave again.  Just me and the critters which include tomato worms munching on the plants.  At this point, I don't even care.  I've yet to have one ripen because I pick them green and fry 'em up.  

Ya'll have a blessed weekend.  Remember to turn around and don't drown.  

^j^





No comments:

Post a Comment