Tuesday, August 29, 2017

make mine a double

I started the day at the chicken store for a biscuit and ran into Bone who was chattering up a storm about Sam being sick.  He asked if I ever hear from Claudia which I do on occasion.  Everybody's just so damn busy!  He used to play golf with Lynn and they went to UT games.  Love all of 'em.  He was also a regular at the kudzu bar back when I hung there.  

I keep imagining what it would be like to be in South Texas right now.  It will be a month before the waters recede and I know this because I'm a river dweller.  The roadways are being damaged as they sit in the flood and won't be safe.  There is a very low body count so far but that's because the water's too high to find what happened first.  I noticed a piece on Huffpost today about the TX legislators who voted overwhelmingly against a funding package following Sandy.  I could be snarky but my opinion is to give Texans what they need and remember how those Republicans treated the people of New York and New Jersey.  Ted Cruz my ass.  Jesus doesn't like that kind of stuff and if you think about it all these natural disasters may be Big Ernie's way of letting us know that he ain't a bit happy.  "Play nice" he says.  "Meet your friend in the middle." "Do the next right thing."

My friend Cathy brought me a walker and a quilt that Mamye made for her grandson 13 years ago.  I think that's a pretty cool thing for it to be passed onto Reaves.  We are at T minus one month give or take a week with daily doctor visits.  Lauren is focused on her well being and prepared to be a good mother.  I'm so sure I'll cry like that baby when I experience the three of us together.  Family.

I donated my birthday to the humane society on FB so y'all run on over and donate because furbabies don't deserve to be euthanized if at all possible.  The volunteers who keep that shelter alive along with a very competent staff do a great honor to the names Betty Parker and Tommy Lipford.  Hey....they got Larry a home!!

I hug more these days.  I bet I've had five today.  They are people that I genuinely love and treasure as friends and co-workers.  

Love the one you're with.




No comments:

Post a Comment