Monday, March 20, 2017

like a good neighbor

I had an abbeviated day at the sawmill and headed home with big plans for working on the manual.  As I wandered through I noticed Bev's car in the driveway and I figured she was here to look at the garden.  She had other things on her mind like a cheating husband.  We sat on the swing in the breeze going over the details of lies and deceit that led her to what the reality is now for she and her 11 year old daughter.  I remember that feeling all too well.  BG was in fifth grade when we divorced the first time.  I distinctly remember telling Mrs. Eller about it at PT conference and she cried.  So did I.  

Families will weather the storm, no matter how bad it is.  When a split happens there are a lot of people involved but the kids are the ones who have to do the most adapating.  Having grown up in the Cleaver family I wouldn't know.  I do know that it made a dark and lasting impression on my daughter and me but we have weathered that storm together and are warrior women just like Bev and Mia will be.  And all the rest of our tribe!

Must.Water.Straw.  




No comments:

Post a Comment