Tuesday, March 21, 2017

flashback

Today found me in a room that is quite familiar known as the "family room" for hospice patients.  I've been checking on my buddy for almost a week now and he is out of pain and resting.  Surrounded by family and friends, we shared stories and tears.  My father died in that room alone and it still haunts me that nobody was there with him.  At that time we were too busy trying to get Mama settled down and out of the midst of death.  The last words I heard Daddy speak were "hey Bubba" and "i want to die."  Happy trails Dave.  You are one of a kind.  And God bless hospice.

I visited the ER today and caught up with a nurse  I've that I've worked aroun for eons as well as a shared past as friends.  She looked weary like me and also can't even begin to think about retiring.  It is what it is and we're all in the same boat.  One of my favorite shows of all time is The Office.  The dark humor surrounding corporate ways makes me laugh my ass off.  I only wish I had somebody as cute as Jim for a boyfriend.

I've got a feeling that I might need some extra karma tomorrow so ya'll keep us lifted up.  I'm sitting back and watching in wonder as the future unfolds, one day at a time.  My focus is on engaging ONLY in happy shit or at least non-confrontational unless you need to listen to me type of stuff.  Rachel called today and was pretty confused about the whole other side of the road part of the story.  Now she's got the flu!  

^j^



No comments:

Post a Comment