Thursday, September 7, 2023

wipe the slate clean

I am an idea person.  When it comes down to details, I begin to get tired and give up.  Probably my vocation should have been ???   If I had not had a child to raise I would have been a travel MT.  They make a shit ton of money.  Anywho....the child got raised and I retired from that line of work to begin another chapter(s).  I sat on my ass and decompressed for a couple of years before seeking work.  I began to write again and meant it.  I got paid to write which is pretty rewarding.  During that time I took a job at a local restaurant and burned my hand twice with hot soup, all the while wondering why they even hired me.  I think it was out of pity for an old friend.  I still have my three work shirts and wear them often!

The one I'm wearing today is from FUMC.  "Love your neighbor" I have two of them , one with print on front and another on the back.  When you get right down to brass tacks it is pretty simple.  Do unto others as you would have them do unto you.  No hatred or killing or bashing others without letting God into the situation.  I have learned this past week that we pray for God's will in every situation.  Even if it seems hopeless and effed up, there is a plan.

You can now call me for all your taxidermy needs because I sold a bobcat that was creeping me out.  Thank you Dennis Allen for agreeing to hand over the cat.  And congratulations to his new owner Sam Helm who will place in him his Kentucky Wildcat man cave.

Things are perking along here.  Pretty soon the corn and beans will be gone and winter will settle over these brown fields around me.  But for now, it is nice fall weather.  

I just got home from having a colonoscopy which went surprisingly well.  The prep is much easier now though I swore I would starve to death before it was over.  Now I'm not even hungry!  I have pictures of my stoma and there were no abnormalities found.  As a bonus I got to hang out with all of my old surgery peeps from the hospital.  The whole deal from pre-op to leaving the building only took 2 and a half hours and I had a nice propofol nap.

A reader sent me a message yesterday asking if I was okay because I haven't posted in a week.  The bottom line is I've been busy as a cat chasing his tail and I'm STILL behind.   Nothing unusual for me...that's how I roll.

Y'all be blessed and thankful for all God has provided, even trials.  Sometimes unanswered prayers have a reason and I have to keep learning that over and over again.  Keep the faith ^j^

 

No comments:

Post a Comment