Tuesday, September 12, 2023

driving the bus

Me and my nurse friend Carol were talking earlier about our mutual adventures with home health.  You never know what will happen at any given time with a client and so many of them have no living will ....or any will.  I carry mine, the living one, in my wallet and the decision makers know who they are.  It's recorded on my electronic record.  But who would know?  I certainly don't anymore.

We have plans for the joint birthday party of the two Elizabeth's .  Let's just say there will be hats and fine china involved.  And cake of course!  Her kid party is at an amusement  place so I said ummm..nope.  We can do our own thing.  I have enjoyed meeting the other members of her family and their friends.  Many of them I have known for a very long time.

Dementia is a terrible thing but also a chance to re-do one's outlook on life and the blessings.  One can hang onto anger and rage or just overlook it and understand that they are scared.  Of losing control or what's on the other side.  My earnest prayer is that someone will return the favor some day.  

Y'all hang in there ^j^


No comments:

Post a Comment