Monday, September 25, 2023

always trust your cape

I will be the first to admit that I am directionaly challenged.  I'm pretty used to my usual route which is to Madison and back.  Today was Grandparents Day Prom at Denmark and thanks to Kim I got there with no problems.  And then I took the wrong way home and drove for two hours through the middle of nowhere.  I finally found a service station and asked how to get to 412.  The first one was a young dude and he just gave me directions.  When I went back I met an elderly gentleman at the front desk and I asked him to help me with directions.  He said "You know what honey?  I'll let you follow me and I'll get you there." There was a beautiful hunting dog in a crate and some metal pipes and a sink in the bed,  And I sure stayed on his ass.  Once I got closer to the west side I know where I was.  LP and I talked about how calming it can be to get lost and just figure it out.  Read the signs, so to speak.  

Mostly all the kindergarten kids just ran around and played while us grandparents ate snack and did an occasional boogie move.  She thought it was go home time after that 45 minute romp like after graduation from pre-K.  Y'all I cried like a baby. Bless her sweet teacher's heart that had to deal with all that energy for three more hours!

Sometimes if you don't expect a miracle or blessing, it just doesn't show up.  But if you're not looking and ask for help directly you get where your spirit is meant to be.   It's just a leap of faith, right Lorna ^j^

No comments:

Post a Comment