Wednesday, August 10, 2022

optimism with caution

It's been a horribly very bad week for DJT and his crew.  All I have heard from he and a shit ton of GOP senators is that it's simply not fair.  Hmm. "This has never happened before!" they wail.  I'll agree with that y'all.  But it's because we have never had a president that did so much damage with a brainwashed and violent crowd at his beck and call.  *short rant*

The big news around here is that a suspect has been indicted in the death of Karen Swift who was murdered about 10 years ago.  I'll spare you the details because you can google it yourself.  For some reason, this feels like a hollow victory for the price of a life.  Why did it take so long?  This is a small town and everybody knows everybody else's business.  It was a big deal for us to have two or three unsolved murders in the area over a short time.  

Let's all hold hands and wish Reaves a good first day of pre-K tomorrow.  Her whole family will be there to see her off to an abbreviated day.  I know she's got this!  Smart kid, for sure. I ordered a parenting book today and can't wait to dig into it.  I never had the time with Lauren.  

The weather for next week looks great after Sunday with a real dip in the humidity.  That's the killer here in the south.  Today was pay bills day and I'm not in a GREAT position but holding my own.  That's a great improvement over the past.  I am learning to live on what I have and appreciate little miracles when they come along ^j^

No comments:

Post a Comment