Tuesday, May 24, 2022

you can't fix crazy

Me and Joy took a road trip to Ridgely today and had a very nice visit with Marilyn and Freddie.  It's like a zoo up there with all the hens and roosters running amongst the garden.  We were happily enjoying Kelly when Lester Holt broke in with the news about the latest school shooting in Texas.  Details are still sketchy but the whole thing is, as usual, horrific.  I think that some of us have become immune to it all just to preserve our sanity but this one hit home in a big way because Reaves will soon be in a public school at the age of the Sandy Hook kids.  

I am all for packing a gun if it is legally bought after a background check. I'm considering getting one myself just for protection.   Despite the fact that I'd probably shoot my foot off, it's better than being a sitting duck.  I will definitely have to take lessons.  At this point all I know is aim for the jugular.  Or have wasp spray.  

The DHS class of '73 is in the early planning stages of getting our old selves together sometime next year.  Darryl Partee is helping to dig up people's addresses and contact info and at some point we'll make it happen.  He lives close to the Panama City beaches and does cruises often with his wife.  She knows all the skinny on deals!

Keep on believing that good is stronger than evil ^j^

No comments:

Post a Comment