Friday, May 20, 2022

oscar

I didn't know it until FB told me..today is national rescue day.  The way that Oscar came to me was over time.  He was being abused by my neighbors down the road and they were cutting his back.  He kept showing up at my house wanting to hang out and I called animal control for an investigation.  When they showed up at the idiot house the dude said "He's my cousin's dog and I didn't do it."  He said he couldn't afford to feed him what with all his special needs children and whatnot. I adopted him right then and there through the pound.  That was his last rabies shot.  He is now about fifteen and chilling on his bed.  He is one of the worst cases of animal abuse I have ever seen.  

I went from one cat to another through my move and now I have Rosie and Cali who is newly spayed.  Rosie don't weigh enough yet but she's getting there.  They both came to me by accident and I never wavered on helping them.  Reaves loves Rosie because she's a kitten and all over the place, though she did have a meltdown yesterday when we couldn't find Roe.  Cats are like that.

Dr. Pierce told me that if I just get Oscar in the car and drop him off he could be groomed. It will take a serious sedative but he does love to ride in the Escape...hell any car.  Cali just showed up like Al did last year but now she's fixed.   She took it well and was pretty confused when we got home.  Eating and drinking now but still jumping off the deck when it gets to be too much.

I'm sweating like a hog after hauling that waterhose all over the yard.  There should be rain tomorrow afternoon and night so that will help.  Happy weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment