Saturday, May 21, 2022

doors wide open

The temperature has already dropped about 20 degrees since Lauren and I were at my friends' pool having girl time.  It took us forever to get there because we had to go to the 'gentral and then get loaded teas.  I love storms even though I know that they are dangerous.  We could hear the distant thunder while we were soaking in the pool.  I scored a seriously cute straw hat at the dolla' store.  

I see God's power in thunderstorms and always have.  I watch the radar closely so I know when to run for cover.  I'm not one to hide in the closet unless the sirens go off.  I have always been fascinated with it like my baby brother the ex-weather guy.  Living in Virginia, they expect most anything at anytime.  Here it's mostly either hot and humid or we get a break like this front coming through.  No swimming for Reaves tomorrow...high of 65!

I've been noticing my scars lately and they are many.  My left arm is covered with old scratches from Oscar before he became chill.  He even lets me rub his back where the crazy people cut him 9 years ago. That was way before you Patrick.  It took three years to clean up their mess so y'all could live there. Yes, there are spiders and snakes.  We live in the country.  There are also people who ride motorcycles and tractors and ATVs.  That's what I love about being here at the homeplace.  Except for dude who pulled into my driveway and wanted to leave his rig here because the junkyard was closed.  I don't really think I need a gun because I know when I feel threatened.  Maybe just a good knife or a can of mace!

Come together, right now.  "The Beatles"


No comments:

Post a Comment