Sunday, August 29, 2021

ethereal

I have, of late, become acutely aware of my mortality.  I was having one of those moments yesterday and called a faithful friend who listened to me cry and totally understood as we are the same age  We talked about death of the earthly body and how after it is gone the spirit enters into this giant vortex of souls and watches over us here on earth.  I can attest to that because I get spiritual messages all the time from those long gone from this world.  I asked him to share eulogy time with another friend but told him to "keep it short."  This guy can talk non-stop while the other is a man of few words.  I think they'll do me right.  That is IF they are still alive!

I smell like frankincense and myrrh because we were all anointed at church today.  I remember the smell just like it was when Dakota came to the nursing home to see me and anointed me on my hand.  This time I took it on the forehead as my pastor called me a daughter of God.  Very moving.  

I find it incredibly ironic that Ada is slamming LA on the anniversary of Katrina.  Same story, different year.  I pray that the damage is not as bad as it was before and that enough people got to safety before it's too late.  I've seen several videos from Gulf State Park in Alabama and surf's up.  My favorite place to stay there was at the state park inn which was demolished years ago in a hurricane that also took out the pier.  

The girls and I had the best time at the pool yesterday playing shark and doctor.  I know, strange combination right?  I had to save /reaves from Mama Shark several times and I loved having her cling to me like that.  Lord, I miss them girls.  Things should be more regular now since LP has Saturdays off.  

Y'all be careful out there ~ Hill Street Blues

No comments:

Post a Comment