Thursday, August 26, 2021

river guys

What really got me interested was the re-creation of Lewis and Clark by John Ruskey and Michael Clark.  John lives in Clarksdale, home of the blues.  Mike is a teacher in St. Louis.  Together they have assembled a number or ways to explore the Big Muddy and all the tributaries.  If those rivers were to dry up, our commerce would die.  The farm where I live is surrounded by the north fork of the Forked Deer. I heard there's some good fishing out there at the slough but you gotta' have a permit.

We have a wildlife reserve right here on the farm.  If anybody were to kill one of our critters, it would be on.  Turkeys, geese and deer.  Again, don't even think about it.  I will go all apeshit crazy on you.

I can handle hunting for food, but not for sport.  If you're not going to eat it, donate it to somebody who will.  I found Oscar's little dirt hole right up next to the foundation.  I have moved the hydrangea so hopefully it will survive.  I gotta' get busy with the transplanting this fall.  It will take a backhoe to dig up daddy's scarlet peony.  Mostly the rest of it is DEAD .  Not my house, not my circus ^j^

No comments:

Post a Comment