Tuesday, August 10, 2021

grandma mazur

I must admit that I feel a bit like her as many times as I've been to visitations at the funeral home lately.  Only I don't go for the cookies like she does.  Stiva does a fine job, so I've heard.  If you're never read a Stephanie Plum novel you have no idea what I'm talking about.  Claudia and Lynn do.  Books have become my escape from real life full of Covid and bad news.  I went to the library the other day looking for the Rick Bragg one that I failed to read before turn in time and the librarian was very helpful.  She tracked down the numbers and said he was "all over the place." No shit!

I reached out to Rick Bragg a year or so ago at the University of Alabama where he is a professor.  I really wanted to pick his brain and ask for his advice about my skills or lack of.  He told me he was pretty sick so that would have to wait a bit.  

I have struggled with this concert thing ever since the last surge and decided to take the loss and avoid the crowds.  I'm pretty immunocompromised so there ya go.  The last two times I had tickets, I gave one set away to a co-worker's husband and his son.  Later the dad hung himself.  Last time I sold them at face value to a co-worker and her hub.  This time, I'm hoping that a family tradition will continue.

I had two poop accidents yesterday which is about too much for an old gal.  I tried putting on the new appliance and obviously did something terribly wrong.  Needless to say, I was wrapped in a towel for a minute.  I can't keep but telling myself in Mac McAnally's words "I'm alive, and you can't take that away.  Really alive!.

Grace and peace.  Hope and love ^j^

No comments:

Post a Comment