Friday, June 15, 2012

wedding bells

BG and company are on the road to decorating for tomorrow's big wedding while I hang out under the AC pondering life. There are tractors here and there and crop dusters making their way over the fields of cotton and corn. TALL corn, by the way. I've got the cotton view this year which means I can see past the yard but corn kicks in halfway down the hill. There is something about those perfect neatly groomed rows that just makes me happy, and I don't have a clue why. Must be the artist in me. I do drive slowly through the alley of corn so as not to be surprised by a deer darting out from among the rows. I've almost nailed a few that way.

We swam at Gigi's yesterday enjoying the peace and quiet, only occasionally moving out of the water to grab a cold one. The last week of spring '12 is going out with a heat wave. Ya'll know how I feel about that...meh. I've got meds picked up and counted for next week at the grands' and also picked up a knee brace for that wobbly causer of all her recent problems. Since surgery isn't an option, she has to learn to deal with what's left in that knee, which isn't much. Home health still comes and they are pleased with her progress. On Monday the three of us will visit the doc and see what's up.

Anna's wedding is just as I knew it would be, a big mixture of nerves, emotions and fiery personalities coming together to join she and Steve as husband and wife. They have been together for many years, and their son Conner is like our own. She had a very difficult delivery with him and lost a BUNCH of blood necessitating a couple of transfusions and lots of doctor visits for him. Since then, they have been poster children for the Dyer County Volunteer Blood Program with Conner himself winning a pizza party for his class by recruiting the most donors. They were featured in a video presentation shortly after his birth, with Anna sharing how she wouldn't be alive without the generosity of volunteer blood donors. If anybody wants to see me dressed up, show up at that church because I guarantee it's a rarity!

BG has the phone today so I hope the world doesn't end because I'd never get the call. Hopefully when I get paid next week we can get a new battery for hers so we're not sharing. We've rebooted those phones about a hundred times in the past few days moving that single battery back and forth between us. Gotta love it...that's how we roll! The utility bill is due two days before the drop, so I'm working the puzzle that is making it all fit somehow. Kinda sorta'.

It's my weekend at the sawmill but I don't even mind since I got called off yesterday from that shift we all hate. Instead, I got to go swimming and hang with my daughter. Ethereal friend dropped by late in the day and we visited and talked about this that and the other. She's beginning to re-think her TX move after being reminded about what a conservative oil driven state it is. That doesn't set well with her ethereal side, if you know what I mean. She has a chance to house sit in Miami so I think that will happen first. That girl does get around!

BG is still job hunting, but then so are about a kazillion other people so she's not alone in it. The economy is as bad as I've ever seen it in my lifetime since I was born after the depression. One of the memories that I saved from my great grandmother is a ration book for gasoline from the WWII era. Priceless. Now there's plenty of it and we pay out the ass! Go figure the trickle down theory on that one.

I shall refrain from bitching commenting on the upcoming elections because I'm still mad for a number of reasons, not the least of which being that Mitt Romney and Bain do what they do. I do not think that President Obama is responsible for the mess we're in and I respect his decision to draw down troops in a senseless war that has killed thousands. Who then, is responsible, if not the chief executive? Umm...I believe it's those warring parties who can't get their priorities straight and lose sight of the middle class voters who elect them. Shame on ya'll. Big Ernie is not amused.

Ya'll be careful out there and drink plenty of gatorade ^j^


No comments:

Post a Comment