Tuesday, June 12, 2012

keeping the faith with poop happening everywhere

One of the things that amazes me about FB is how when it's free and wall street isn't all up in it, people actually express who they are and what they're thinking with some sort of blind trust that there's not a big brother watching somewhere. Two years in Yahoo! chatrooms convinced me that role playing is highly overrated. That is the true essence of co-dependency from what I've learned first hand. Everybody everywhere is just puttin' their false self out there trying to make "the man" happy and live a good life. No wonder I've been searching for Belize. Thanks Lorna and Sheila!

Everybody's all pissed off about the taxes and whatnot, particularly those property owners in North Dakota who have gotten a referendum up to eliminate the asessment on land that is owned by their citizens who are, by the way, the very ones who took it from native Americans during the wild!wild!west! Now their economy is booming 'cuz the oil fields are making money for somebody. I often profess to believe in a merciful God, but I seriously doubt that he would condone that shit. Just sayin'.

Our shadows are Junish on the lane..with big fat orange melting sunsets over the fields that are rich with cotton and refreshed from yesterday's rain monsoon. Northeasterly winds should clear out the humidity for all of us in the AM according to accuweather.com. I don't tend to get overly dramatic but when I saw the rain blowing sideways yesterday, I about had the big one. People all around town have reported flying trampolines and leaves in their pools, plus numerous downed trees blocking the road to home. It was no small coincidence that I relived the night of our close call when the twister ripped up from Unionville and across the golf course. That was one very long week.

The grands are good and mama is amazing me with her smarts during this time of transition. Pretty much she just says okay as long as it all works, which is totally not her former "runner of the world" status. That helps a lot, if you know what I mean. Her persistence in maintaining their status prior to five years ago has just about done me in as a believer. I'd rather die alone than to spend time with someone who expects me to conform. Could be that 58 year history of marriage coming into play one.more.time.





No comments:

Post a Comment