Thursday, February 9, 2012

social media

With apologies and kudos to MZUCK, he didn't invent the venue of internet communication. When he was still in primary school, I was tapping away to people in Yahoo! chatrooms and learned the hard way what a bot is. There went THAT. My sister-in-law the reporterette suggested that I blog. So did Count Zubrovka, the benefactor of my fancy ass camera and several other gifts. A more personal way of communicating, it turned into a "movement" as Arlo would say, and there were lots of people following other people and reading their thoughts. Authoring a weblog is extremely good therapy and a great way to meet cool people from every part of the world. Just watch out for those Nigerian con men. Learned that one the hard way too.

My sista' friend Tammy B has been hunkered down at a pediatric hospital with her critically ill grandson. We stay in touch via FB and phone because for a year or so, I was a part of their family. I've decided to let go of the resentment toward her sibling and my ex-roomie because it's just not worth the time and trouble to be mad. I took the treatment that was dished out, so it's just as much my fault. When he told me he wanted me to meet his new girlfriend I about choked. Men are not really bright when it comes to that kinda stuff. I hope she's higher maintenance that I was and gets him to let go of some of that money he hoards. Mad? Nah. Now that the last of his stuff is ashes in the driveway, new beginnings are possible.

It's seasonal here again, but I'm not complaining. The IRS eagle shit yesterday and I've allowed us the luxury of burning a dab of propane to knock off the chill. One of the things on my to-do list is the budget for this windfall return of my money that was used interest free all year to support the political process. Tomorrow is pap smear day, something that has been a regular happening for the past four years since it went abnormal. Following a cone and several negatives, it's looking iffy again. Sounds like hysterectomy time to this old girl.

I picked Mama up at hair today and she was sporting a black and blue forehead covered with bandages, courtesy of her latest fall. As I knelt to see after the wound and count pills, she mentioned that she should have made the same moves that I did when putting the plug in the wall. Instead, she bent over and there she went. Big Ernie is surely watching over all of us ^j^

No comments:

Post a Comment