Tuesday, February 28, 2012

meanwhile, back on the lane

Faith's labor yesterday went well with BG in attendance as midwife. There were six pups of which four survived and they are tearing that s**t up with the milk. In my wildest dreams, I can't imagine being 63 in dog years and giving birth for the first time. That girl is one tired bitch! In true redneck fashion, I pushed the couch out the back door quickly where it still lies, waiting for the thunderstorms to soak it real good so that it won't burn until summer. Such is my life. At least the freezer is off the back porch.

I am really uneasy with this whole Israel v. Iran thing. These two countries could push a few buttons that would toast the earth and they are filled with hatred from the ancient biblical perspective. As for me and mine, I would prefer to be a peaceful soul who tries to do the right thing based on conscience rather than holy law. Never was much of a follower, as with most people who were teens in the Woodstock era. Every time I see a peace sign on some kid's shirt, I silently give 'em a high five.

The grands are fine, in their own little world at the homestead. God bless Ms Faye for hanging with them and making life a little easier for all of us. I called Mama to tell her about the puppies and told her we thought Daddy might want one. Not a wild eyed border collie like he's always had, but a nice little furry black pup to give him something to add to his schedule besides NCIS reruns. He used to love the sound of birds singing and watching things grow. Now it's all about the news.

I finally busted out and bought some allergy meds because, well. 'Tis the season and I'm weak. Talk about irony, though. As I was standing at the counter waiting for my license to be run (thankyouverymuch meth heads) a couple of lawncare guys went nuts with the weed killer out front at the strip mall and it was rather toxic for everyone involved. Probably agent green or something. I can still taste it!

There's got to be a better way, dont'cha think?

^j^

No comments:

Post a Comment