Wednesday, February 8, 2012

moving on

Right about the time Rascal Flatts released that song, I began to see my time here on the farm and literally on this planet as a finite thing that was being wasted miserably by waiting for the right time to be happy. There were so many ifs and buts in my mind justifying my stuck-in-the-mud persona that I had them numbered. I had been single for several years and had done the usual looking in bars for a man thing with very dismal luck in the romance department. Made a lot of great friends though! It's good to know people in ALL places when traveling through life. My friends and I pulled several good ones during those years one or two of which included injuries and a cab and a half.

At that point I began to sort through my history and heirlooms carefully and get rid of anything that doesn't have emotional sentiment attached. The mountains of cardboard that I have burned from the attic and basement probably sent smoke signals high enough to see from Newbern. There is something therapeutic about that to me...a sort of cleansing of the karma associated with past hurts. BG and I have both had ceremonial burnings of hand-written notes and letters that needed to just be dust.

Now I find myself clearing out the floor space and moving furniture to where it can be shoved out easily when the time comes. I'm just being realistic because the economy here is sucking big time. Small towns are dropping like flies, and it's so sad to see itty bitty main street America go by the wayside in favor of more greed and corruption. Caring for my parents is the only thing keeping me local. Well, that and the view.

Per our usual luck, BG dropped her phone in a glass of iced tea on the way home from work and borrowed mine for an alarm this morning. Which would have been fine except I had to be at work at six and she thought I was off. Ooops. Guess who was late? And her poor boss had to walk to work! That little piece of technology is dead in the water. I walked into a freakin' cluster**ck after rushing to get to the sawmill. About two hours into it I was really wanting a happy pill.

But that? Is history. There are two not too busy days off in front of me and it's beer thirty. Leave a message at the beep.

^j^

1 comment:

  1. *BEEP*
    "Uh, yeah Janie, it's me. Just wanted to say, you know, like Hi, and to keep on smilin', and I hope the book will be out soon. Uhm... guess that's all. Have a good one. Ah, okay. Uh, thanks. Bye."
    *click*

    ReplyDelete