Friday, February 3, 2012

mean people suck

I ran into my neighbor J Frank up at the store awhile ago and we caught up on his current struggle to get full disability. A few years older than me, he went to Vietnam and then ended back in Iraq when all hell broke loose. Now he's diabetic and his wife said he won't give up the sugar. Add the PTSD on there and you see a veteran who is asking his government to take care of him in his "golden years". Right now he gets only about 60%. One of my co-workers is married to a guy who did a tour in Iraq and they've been in turmoil ever since. Another friend and his wife divorced after they got back to the states because she was a gunner and came back a different woman. War is hell.

And of course all ya'll know that I've got to bitch to high heaven about the Komen foundation and them pulling the $$ from Planned Parenthood that has been granted for mammography in past years. Talk about a shitstorm! I can personally testify that if I had not gone to said evil PP as a college student, I probably would have been a young mother. Not because I needed an abortion. No, just the birth control from somebody that didn't know my parents. This entire thing has been turned into a right/wrong situation by extremists who believe that just because the organization provides abortion services that they're about nothing but killing babies. WRONG! I'd be curious to know which GOP candidate they're endorsing.
My distrust of big organizations includes charitable ones when there is obvious pandering going on. The sad thing is that Susan Komen is more than likely running that heavenly trail just as pissed as I am about the injustice.

Now, what else can I rant about? Not a thing. Peace out and have a wonderful weekend wherever you are ^j^

No comments:

Post a Comment