Saturday, December 10, 2011

talk to the animals

Thanks to my tech savvy friends, my one kinda sorta day off can be spent piddling my little heart out tune by tune with Spotify. Once again, thank you DBF. My bossfriend is still running the show from home which involves at least an every other day shuttle with things printed out because she can't do it there. Her party cocker Gracey knows not to even bark at me now! We play the game with the ball where she catches it and then she growls when I try to get it back. Um hmm...very spoiled rotten doggie, sort of like all of mine. Oscar has potty issues which probably hail from his sheer torture with the repeated back injury which may or may not have been inflicted by a human. The scars are healed nicely and there's even hair growing in that spot again. One.Year.Later. He was our Christmas animal of 2010!

A few years prior, we got Lilypie from BG's boss at the time when she was just a calico kitten. Now she's a full fledged diva complete with sharp claws with which she perpetually shreds the couches. It's more fun than a post, I reckon. When she gets enough of the three dog action up in here, her kitty ass sneaks out the back door and to the barn or under the porch steps for some quiet feline meditation. One other year, Yaya gifted me with talked me into taking in a cat who had been run over whom she promptly rescued and took to the vet for "rehab." This poor cat had brain damage or something and all he did was walk in circles around the house, thus his name Circle K. Two months later we finally realized that he would never have any quality of life so we had him euthanized. The employees at the vet's office who took him from my arms were the same ones who had handed him over to me at Christmas.

There are still people up and down the lane picking up wild pecans with a view of the Forked Deer backwater at the end. Fortunately it didn't get "moving out" high this time, but we were on standby for a few days. My friend Sue says that I have a little black cloud hovering over me most all the time, and I tend to agree. My finances are like working a freakin' puzzle what with loan sharks to be paid and re-upped with and the usual things like dentists, hand surgeons and propane guys who want their money. By serendipity, I found some $$ I didn't know I had at the credit union and went to pick it up prior to the 2PM deadline when three overdraft fees were set to pounce. As I walked into the lobby of the credit union at 1:30, their computer system went COMPLETELY belly up. After about fifteen minutes they got tired of the frantic look on my clock-watching face and did a manual thingie so I could make the deadline. Ironically, at MY work today....the same thing happened with no warning. Two fun filled hours with everybody going WTF and acting like they'd never heard of a downtime plan. The supervisor, bless her heart, actually came down and offered to help us because she knew we'd be neck deep in alligators. SHE will get a thank you card ;)

I've had plenty of time to adjust to being single (again) and now that I look back, I realize that I had settled again. While my boyfriend roommate was fairly laid back, it was never about me and always about himself. Been there, got several t-shirts. We remain friends, and it makes me sad to think how compatible we would be if it weren't for that little item, which is huge in my book. I'm not a diva by any means, and remain fairly low maintenance..but geez. By the time he left, I was akin to a piece of furniture or something. No remorse...no thanks for taking he and his in during a time when they had nowhere else to go. I am told that is just how he rolls...like a stone. (see previous girlfriends) Pollyanna that I am, I assumed that it was different with me.

Per my stellar luck, one of my expensive ass crowns broke off in my mouth this morning during breakfast, post and all. This is especially bad since the dentist is one of the ones tapping his foot for payment. At least it doesn't show when I smile! When I look at it laying it my hand, I have a hard time imagining 1500 bucks. My dear friend Gigi, knowing that my spirits needed some lifting, gifted me with a cut and color at the home of our LPN/hairdresser friend the other evening right in the middle of her kitchen. When I told her it was "just like Steel Magnolias" Steph immediately claimed to be Truvie. Love it.

^j^

No comments:

Post a Comment