Sunday, December 4, 2011

anticipation

I discovered after checking the calendar today that Advent has commenced which might explain how I came up with the spirit to put together mama's old tree in the living room/office. One strand of lights is either bad or not plugged into the rest of them correctly so there's a bit of a gap in lighting, but that's okay. We pretty much roll that way most of the time. It is what it is in this day and time, and I choose to look ahead.

The predicted monsoon began this morning but so far hasn't been very heavy. We're hoping that the tributaries don't all get crazy like they tend to do close to the mighty Mississippi when it gets full. That's when the trusty old Camry fails to navigate and old Poops needs a tall truck to get to the sawmill. Plus, you've got your grands sittin' down there on low ground with no access to emergency services when the water is up. I don't think they could go in James Frank's boat this time!

Daddy skipped his doughnut fix today because he got a bellyache last time from gobbling down all that sugar on top of a full breakfast. I failed to notice a familiar white truck in the lot what with all the scurrying in and out in the rain. As I was seated across from them I glanced up to see a dear friend finishing his breakfast. We caught up on our families and his golf game and he was on his way to the airport in Memphis to deliver a son to a plane headed back to the army. C looks (and acts) a whole lot like his daddy ;)

There are three sleeping dogs on the loveseat beside me. I haven't seen Lily in a couple of days which is okay. Her ornery kitty ass wears me out when she's mad at BG which has been a lot lately. She is strictly outdoor trained, but when she's in that mood the towels in the bathroom close (with no doors) are her anger therapy. YUK! I'm sure old Pride is in the barn staying dry and just waiting for somebody to dish out the sweet feed.

I finally found the nativity scene buried in boxes of treasures from days gone by. All the pieces came from family members, mostly my ceramic crazy Gaga. There is a pre-school era pine cone tree, sprayed green with a star on top made by none other than babygirl. It makes a nice transition from the pine cone turkey into the Christmas season.

Faith. Hope. Love.

The greatest of these is love.

^j^

1 comment: