Tuesday, December 20, 2011

all is calm, all is bright

Well, actually not but 'tis the season so..factor in a thunderstorm or two and you're having a homestyle Tennessee Christmas. Not much sun in the forecast which is bad for those folks like me who are low on the vitamin D thing. At least it's not cold enough to delete the propane stash yet. That will happen in January when the snow is bumper deep on the camry which still sports only one hubcap and hasn't had an oil change since the brake job last spring. She needs new tires too but that will have to wait because I got a bad report cards from all the people that I owe who want their money. Surely to goodness if you've read this far, you know who they are.

I'm sitting back and watching the GOP sell their souls to the devil at the expense of all of us, trying out a backdoor move to play chicken long enough in the Senate to where the majority of us working schmucks pay for their perks. Read my lips ya'll: "I'm mad as hell and I'm not gonna take it anymore!" My next vote will be informed. One of the saddest tales I ever read was about my natureboy blogger friend over on the east coast who got hit on his damn bicycle while out exploring nature. The man was, and is, a brilliant mind with a keen focus on conservation. We could use more of that. His wife, oddly enough, was a lung transplant recipient and her donor was a tennessean. Like brother Dave Gardner always said...Ain't life strange?

I gave one of my friends his gift of a framed picture of he and his son yesterday, and he seemed speechless. Dude didn't expect to get anything from anybody just because. It kinda got me in the spirit, you know what I mean? I see this past year decade as an indicator on the learning curve that our priorities are all wrong. Punishment for minor infractions of the law fund local forces at the state level. In my little 'burg, the entire state of MO has moved over to our discount pharmacies to purchase or steal their meth ingredients. They had it first, by the way..according to my experience. That concoction of poison is just a way of saying "come on and kill me." Because I have no hope.

Many people do not understand the problems that the lack of a basic education causes. If one is inclined to learn how to cope and get past that hurdle, things work out. But a very large portion of Americans want to sit back and cry like babies about how they got done wrong. Look ya'll...if you want to see wrong in the wikipedik dictionary, look back to events like the Holocaust and other ethnic cleansing experiments. That shit will make your skin crawl!! If you're a true victim of prejudice, have at it. If not? Shut the hell up.

Only four shopping days left 'til the big day and I'm working straight through so there goes time to run to the dollar store for last minute gifts. At this point, I could care less because it's not about that anymore. It's just about peace and love.
^j^

1 comment:

  1. Merry Christmas to our TN angel - God bless you and yours Miss Janie.

    ReplyDelete