Thursday, December 1, 2011

in all things, moderation

That sounds kinda biblical which is unusual for me. My cynical brand of spirituality tends to lean toward the left which is more of a peace and love conservationist sort of world view. I mean gah...they've been telling us for years what a shame it is that so much of mother earth has been destroyed in the quest for corporate products. As a baby boomer, I saw the good times that followed WWII and the spending orgy that has become the collapse of our American economy just for a buck. Rather than using natural materials that profit the citizens of OUR country, we spend a brazillion bucks doing a big dance called the import/export biz. Once again President Clinton, I'm sorry that was your legacy. I'm sure it seemed right at the time.

My therapist has this phrase that I love which begins most every sentence in which he offers gentle advice. "Here's the thing" he says. He takes what I've rambled onandonandon about, knowing our history, and helps me to more clearly see options to get out of the mess, no matter how bad it is. It is a fifteen year relationship that has bound our family together following some mighty big drama. No wonder I'm single! Nobody wants to be effin' analyzed all the time ;)

The latest roommate at Casa Poopie has moved into a house and is somewhat settled so it's just me and BG plus the critters. The heat is working now but we're praying that propane guy doesn't lose patience being quite conservative so as not to freeze pipes in January. I have exactly four dollars and 34 cents in my checking account and my first retirement payment didn't show up at the bank today. If ya'll are the prayin' sort, please bump that little request up to the top of your list for just one night. That would give me some relief until payday.

BG went to visit the grands for lunch today and left early because he was in a mood about their chatter during the news. Whatever. If mama wants to talk it's her house too! My brave little toaster of a social worker daughter stands up to his ornery ass too, unlike me. Even in my forties he could bring me to tears by ranting at me like a running Stafford. Gah. I turned out okay and all, geez. He never understood why "my generation" didn't like the Vietnam war. As a veteran of the Korean war and poor sharecropper's son he didn't understand why it was wrong because our country said we were in danger. That was the beginning of the military orgy.

We are in a place right now where Americans have had their voices heard and everybody knows that the gig is up when it comes to big government. All you have to do is look at the response to Hurricane Katrina and know that we are not prepared as a nation to defend ourselves. Because everybody's fighting some battle somewhere else on our payroll, risking their life, to defend our honor and what we believe in. That does not includes oil spills in the Gulf, by the way. Shame on your BP.

I guess that's the extent of today's ramble. Peace out ^j^

2 comments:

  1. Saw a travel advert on TV the other day. Come to our pristine shores, blah blah - Mississippi, Louisiana, Florida, and them - and the ad was paid for by BP.
    Hypocrites.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Laughing at Drew's comment. That's just so typical...

    I'm glad BG can stand up to him, even if you can't. Sometimes, it's what is necessary.

    Hugs and prayers

    ReplyDelete