Thursday, December 15, 2011

da' mood

It is a gray day. Again. Once again I find myself incredibly grateful not to be the extreme depressive type once I'm medicated. It's hard enough to keep smiling with the celexa! Today at work was "one of those" where whatever could happen did, and then some. Thank god it wasn't really busy or we would've been sunk. I seriously love it when that happens. The horse is out in the yard. Again. What started out as an easy 50 bucks on the rent has turned into a daily job of rounding him up and waiting for the next escape. If he makes it through the winter without my brother strangling him with the wire, he's meant to live a few more years.

Mom and daddy are perking along down the road, snuggled in their recliners in front of a warm stove and some tiny trees. They have a clock that plays a Christmas song on the hour. The girls at Angel's got one too! I feel very blessed to have learned the habits and rhythms of my parents' lives while they grow old. Sometimes it seems just one more detail to take care of, but if I stop and really think about how many people would give up a limb to be in my shoes..well, I shudder. The economy is shitty. Life is hard. Once those basic realities are accepted and grieved, the healing can begin. And, yes. I was indeed a Scott Peck groupie. It's an integral part of the quilt that is my life.

Since I am so broke not much of a shopper, it is kind of a devilish gift to myself not to even consider anything other than spending time with the fam. Like Bubba said the other day: " I never thought they'd see another winter." All is well.

^j^

No comments:

Post a Comment