Thursday, August 20, 2009

when it rains it pours

I had just clocked into work Monday morning when my phone rang and it was BG crying like a baby with abdominal pain. One three hour ER visit later, it was determined that instead of kidney stones she was uh, how shall I say this....full of crap. "From cecum to anus" is how the doc put it :) Gotta love a sense of humor in an ER. It took two days of medication to get things moving properly, if you know what I mean.

I came home Tuesday to find her bailing water out of the officially dead-as-a-doornail washer. We wrung the clothes out best as we could and hauled 'em down to my Mom's. Somebody will make a washer purchase in the next few days if the credit gods are smiling on Pecan Lane. If not, I'll use the rocks on the patio after my hand heals.

Yesterday was my surgery for carpal tunnel syndrome and it went quite well..I even got a little cocky about the lack of pain. UNTIL I woke up this morning with no darvocet in my system and the nerve block had gone away. Not. fun. Being not so cocky any more, I'm becoming a lot more still and relaxing so that it can heal. BG changed the bandage yesterday afternoon and is an excellent nurse. The surgeon said that nerve was flat as a pancake. Hmmm...

Today, she came home for lunch with the news that her dad is in the hospital with a possible second heart attack. It's been ten years since he got stented up so the timing is about par for the course. He's scared and so is she. Essentially, she's all the family he's got. She and our sometimes off-and-on roommate are headed that way right now to see what's up.



Tough women? You bet your sweet ass honey. We learned it the hard way.

^j^

2 comments:

  1. Wow Tough Woman! I have had that surgery as well. I had it on both hands just before a vacation, which meant no dishes or what for 2 weeks. It worked out well.
    sorry about BG's emergency pain and her dad.
    God Bless, sweet friend
    ~a

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love you! Let me know about BG's Dad...hope all is ok!

    ReplyDelete