Monday, August 24, 2009

post op notes

Regardless how small the incision is, it still hurts when somebody cuts your flesh with a knife and puts stitches up in there. I've decided that the mysterious blister that appeared on the side of my left hand was from some kind of shot that made my hand numb, after I passed smooth out on some sort of knock out drug. It has not been a restful recovery what with all the dirty clothes laying around and needing to be washed down at mama's house. Since I've been going to bed super early, I woke up and headed down there with all the towels and a few panties and bras. We did a load and made a dollar store list. Meanwhile, daddy decided to go for a walk down to Gerald's house. It's a straight shot after you pass Clara's place. I noticed when I wheeled back into the driveway that there was a car backing out. When I walked in, my daddy's little head was barely visible over the back of the recliner. The neighbors had picked him up and brought him home.

I went around to say hi and saw that his face was covered with blood. Mama, bless her heart ya'll know she can't see, didn't even know he was banged up. I wiped up the blood and snot like most "almost nurses" do automatically and applied ice to the big bloody schnoz he had going on. About that time church lady showed up with lunch and nobody was much in the mood for anything but a group hug. She could tell we were hopelessly helplessly trying to keep the faith without going to the ER for high priced treatment.

Mama had an appointment with her primary care physician this afternoon and I went out to score a new washing machine while the nurses took care of their prescription needs. The doctor took every bit of shit she had to dish out, and then some. I dunno...maybe he likes old people or something. I suppose that a gerantologist would have to possess that passion for the elderly to keep his or her sanity. This guy is a farmer on the side and tends to wander on about crop futures. Beans are good this year, BTW. Book 'em early.

I'm home now, with the puppies that and spoiled rotten cat. There's a new washer coming in the am. Can't keep a clean house without one, ya know. Remind me to thank the sawmill for allowing me the opportunity to acquire bi-lateral carpal tunnel syndrome for their benefit and on my dime.

^j^

1 comment: