Monday, August 3, 2009

roadtrip!

Me and mama and Miss Ruth loaded into the trusty old camry today for a lunch adventure. Lord....how long has it been since we even left town??? I will always regret not going to Reelfoot for fish with Miss Mattye and her girls. Truth be told I had a serious thing for the younger brother who hauled fertilizer all over the dang world for his daddy. It never went anywhere but I think about him every time I pass that giant bottomless pond at the Trimble exit. Gotta hand it to him...he stuck with me until I got out again. My ex was a wonderful man and still is. It just didn't work out.

Needless to say my visits to northern Dyer County were much more numerous in the months to come. There's this blurry line up there where Dyer lines up with Obion and Gibson and the river spills out all over the cropland in the spring. Sort of like here on the farm, if you know what I mean. My brother carefully crafts the lay of the land to preserve wildlife and enhance the irrigation system which consists of lots heavy equipment from the county highway department and one crazy ass contractor on a bullozer with a mission to create the holy grail right here on my yard lawn. Just my luck, ya know?

Anyways, Farmer Boy cut me loose after the divorce and we never even did the deed. I reckon it was a friend thing. Or maybe an I-like-skinny-crazy-ass-bitches thing. Beats the hell out of me why some chubby middle aged guy with a woman who loves he and his family would go on the road and not stay in touch. Dude probably needs a wakeup call.


I thought about the Dog today after me and the girls had lunch down around 51 south towards Brighton. It dawned on me that we all make changes in our lives based on gut feelings and faithful belief in karma and the power of prayer. Sometimes they don't turn out to be what we prayed for.

Amen ^j^

1 comment:

  1. Got to agree kiddo... our prayers always get answered... and some of the best answers I ever got from the Big Guy was "NO"....
    amen and amen.

    ReplyDelete