Saturday, June 27, 2009

spontaneous joy


BG is headed to nashvegas with a buddy, on the spur of the moment. My Kentucky cousin has always ragged me about not being spontaneous enough to really enjoy life. I can't exactly explain why, but it seems like too much trouble to catch up with real life when I get a little change of scenery. Which is why you go to begin with. Like, duh. I have ventured out more, as much as the money and family responsibility will allow. All the good channels on TV "went away" last night because I guess all companies are about the money. The thing is, I talked with a representative about payment arrangement and she accepted my terms, one half of which was paid yesterday. I reckon it's just me, the dogs and the computer for the rest of the weekend. I don't watch much TV anyway really.

I can't say that it's never been this hot for this long, but never in June that I can recall. Once we had a stretch beginning on the 4th of July that topped a hundred for seventeen days straight. As you can imagine, Poops was not a happy camper. That just so happened to be the summer that the landlord of the house we had JUST rented asked us to move after three months so their son could have it. yeah. Bad summer.

Today was spent what little you got for food and stuff day so I hit the Dollar General this morning only to find the most adorable little girl holding a six week old black cocker spaniel pup. We visited for awhile and she told me the puppy's name is Tilly, but she's working on a middle one. Precious. With braces on her two front teeth where she lisped everytime she spoke. Thanks Big Ernie...I needed that.

I also needed the shower that got me on the way out of Kroger. The rain felt wonderful. Heading home, I could see steam rising from the pavement as I pulled into Trixie's place (don't ask) to get some corn. The little girl has sold to me before and knows exactly what the prices are. I told her to be looking for a rainbow as soon as the sun popped out from under that cloud.

Ya'll keep the faith. It's all we've got.

^j^

No comments:

Post a Comment