Wednesday, May 25, 2022

thoughts and prayers

I am totally done with the Senate's inaction on approving background checks for gun purchases.  A waiting period is also not a bad idea.  To think that some guy whose entire family was scared of him went in and bought two automatic rifles at the age of 18 stunned me.  I flashbacked to Sandy Hook where what's his name killed his mother and stole her guns.  Not much has changed since then thanks to the NRA, the most powerful lobby in this country.  The second amendment guarantees the right to bear arms and it will always stand but....damn.  Something's gotta' give.  Long guns should be out of the picture except for law enforcement or military.  Period.  You want to shoot a duck or a quail?  Sharpen your skills with just a rifle.  Same for deer.  Hell no to open carry.  I guess that way at least you see them coming.  There is an entire empire devoted to selling repeating weapons with little to no oversight.  It has a lot to do with mental illness but that is no excuse and could be remedied with sensible laws.  Everybody cringes at the phrase "gun control" because they think the boogey man is gonna' come get your guns.  Not if they're legal kids.  The ghost gun industry particularly scares me.  These fools are on a mission and there should be serial numbers.    Rant over.

The Dyer County Farmer's Market opens in a couple of weeks which I look forward to.  My little crop is coming along and it looks like I'll have 'maters, squash and peppers.  Plus a shit ton of herbs.  We have baby peaches AND apples in spite of the high winds of late.  There are a bunch of bags of mulch out there too heavy for me to carry so I'm going to ask Ryan if Cody can do some of that.  I'll pay extra.  

Y'all be merry and bright.  Love ya' like chicken ^j^

No comments:

Post a Comment