Sunday, May 8, 2022

rating the gentrals

I live in a town with a Dollar General at every convenient location.  I usually visit Four Points but I have found their aisles to be crowded with incoming bounty.  Truck runs now and then.  I've been to Evansville and Highway 78 North but both have bad lighting and low stock.  My favorite is the one on Forrest Street which normally has what I need in a pinch. Plus they have a kickass staff including Paula. East Court is a nightmare.  Lauren and Reaves came yesterday bearing gifts and we made slime all from dolla' store items.  It got stored in a small container that used to have that great chicken salad from Kroger.  Those things come in handy!

I cut the flowers for Mama's grave yesterday from my old house and Mozella's big white iris bed.  I didn't tarry long because she is not there.  After I placed those I meandered toward Finley and sat on the porch with Patsye and Sally.  And then the cows came out of the hills!  They were a sight for sore eyes.  

My Mother's Day dinner came from Subway on my adopted son's dime which was really sweet. We sat on the deck with all our critters running around all the while keeping up with who was where.  Oscar is now not in love with Libby but the other younger one.  Typical male.  The current head count is one elderly dog and two young cats.  They live on the porch so the hawks and coyotes don't get 'em.  Note to self:  More cat litter.

PRAISE GOD FROM WHOM ALL BLESSINGS FLOW ^J^


No comments:

Post a Comment