Friday, May 13, 2022

the duct taped bible

I was out and about so I stopped by to see what was happening at my old house and pick the last of the peonies.  I have a bucket full!  When I walked in the front door my first word was DAMN.  Two walls are gone leaving studs and opening up the view from the front to the back of the house.  He got me to go through a stack of old bibles before he gave them to a church and I found that three of them were mine.  All this time I've been looking for my duct taped life application version and there it was complete with a bookmark that I cross stitched back in the day.  One was my mother's presented to her by the UMC.  Two of them were inscribed to me by former pastors. I have been using my Daddy's life application because he did a lot of underlining.  That's how you learn...jump to the part that catches the eye.  Like leaving room for the spirit to work, so to speak.  

We got some much needed rain today and I'm hoping that my tomatoes survive the transplant from pot to bed.  Two our of the four look good.  The others are bigger and will take awhile to get established.  Time for fertilizer and Seven.  Joy and I went out to the Paws 2 Care headquarters today and I visited with old friends while getting Cali registered for a spay.  I was amazed that one of the other clients was looking for somebody to take her cat and "not just any old body!"  The humane society doesn't accept them and do well to get dogs adopted out.  I think they're pretty much no kill on canines.  For the life of me I will never understand those who choose to buy a pet rather than foster or adopt one.  The heart of the matter is that pet owners don't take charge of the spay and neuter thing.  Then the furbabies just go roaming.  I respect this organization and have helped raise money.  They need the help desperately.  If you're an animal lover, do me a favor and donate supplies or money or your time!

After the monsoon#1 I headed for home and ran across a car smooth in the ditch on 78 north.  Then there was some big to do by Cracker Barrel and Love's where the traffic light was out and DPD was directing traffic.  All went well as far as I could see.  Poor dude in the ditch though.  Lerd.

Y'all be blessed and remember who you are ^j^

No comments:

Post a Comment