Monday, May 30, 2022

the bracelet

Back in the sixties and early seventies we all got bracelets with a service member's name and date of death engraved. I still had mine until the move but ran across an old picture of it from Memorial Days gone by.  He went MIA in the jungles of Vietnam in October of 1969.  I treasured that piece because to me it was an honor to pay tribute to a veteran who never made it back from a war that I despised. I went to the service uptown today and loved every minute of it.  There was a beautiful rendition of the songs from all branches of service and I found myself humming along.  

The girls and I went swimming after I got home and the water was frigid and wind high!  Two of the table umbrellas blew over.  Lauren and I chased one over to near the golf course greens.  No grillin' here today.  Reaves has a new getup with a floatie vest which is much easier to learn to swim in.  I predict that by summer's end she'll be an expert.  

God bless America ^j^


No comments:

Post a Comment