Sunday, May 1, 2022

running down a dream

I am an idea person but not really good on pulling together the details.  I work part time and juggle doctor's appointments and housekeeping.  These past three days I've been slowly, in spurts, putting the plants in the ground that I've gotten from friends.  I still have a long way to go but I think I'll just keep them in water and wait until it rains.  I was counting on it yesterday but, nada. Bubba says the crops don't need it which is true.  There's a big swamp behind me where a ditch drains out of the wheat.  On the upside, if it don't rain you don't have to mow, so there's that.  

I got a message after church that the girls were coming back because they didn't get enough Rosie love yesterday.  I love the way we roll because Lauren and I take turns playing with Reaves and we each do our own thing.  This is the perfect place for a kid to roam and play in muddy puddles.  Learning about nature, so to speak.  It has taken two days to teach her how to be gentle with a kitten and I think she's got the picture now.  

Church was kinda' sad today as we said goodbye to another staff member who is moving to her next assignment in Iowa.  I shared with her about our " youth minister" who was actually doing double duty as an associate. That was ummm......40 years ago.  Before that we had Sunday school teachers and MYF leaders and whatnot.  This man actually managed to form a teen council. Our SS teacher today was a young man who is an ag major and professor at UTM.  He shared his history with us and at Emily's reception I HAD to talk farming with him.  If it's in your blood, you are kin.

It's a school night, as Lauren tells Reaves when it's time to go.  I'm headed to my PCP in the am for refills and something for this awful sinus disease I've had for a month.  Like a super shot!  And also labs to check on the old GFR.  It's never ending.  But you know what?  I feel lucky to be alive ^j^

No comments:

Post a Comment