Sunday, May 15, 2022

shop 'til you drop

I hate to shop, period.  Yesterday I ventured to Marshall's because I have very little in the way of summer clothing other than shorts and t-shirts.  What I hate even worse than shopping is trying stuff on in the dressing room.  Therefore, I dropped almost 200 bucks there and will be returning all but three items because of size issues.  I am a little bit busty and because of the bag, require a larger than normal size of pants.  It's hard to gauge that until you try stuff on which I did when I got home.  My favorite piece was a floaty dress in a medium which was, shall we say, "snug" around the girls.  I tried to convince myself that it would work but the material is flimsy and I can just see me busting out of it.  Oh well, I won't be so hasty next time.  I'm tickled to have 12 new pair of panties from Amazon!  I was down to about four old ones that were raggedy.  

Church was very enlightening today with our ag guy SS teacher sharing the history of the NFA and the FFA.  I never knew the whole story until today.  Mary Beth preached a sermon we all needed to hear and brought up the controversy that is about to split the UMC as a whole.  I was so glad to hear it addressed in a loving and powerful way.  Personally, I think Jesus would not agree with what our book of  discipline says,  But that's just my liberal loving self talking.  

It's hot again and we got a surprise thunderstorm last night which woke me up to a big display of lightning and thunder.  Oscar was, of course, all up in my face shaking like a leaf.  He can't jump onto the bed and won't let me pick him up so he just cowered there until it passed.  

Y'all keep the faith ^j^

No comments:

Post a Comment