Monday, March 29, 2021

stank

We had severe weather and torrential rain Saturday night so I let Al, the tabby tom stay on the back porch.  When I went out the next morning the smell was freakin' terrible..like a skunk only worse.  Everything on the porch smelled like it and so did my clothes after going out there.  I went to Jackson and spent some time with Reaves and when I got home Cousin Mo stopped by to check out the place.  I asked her to check out the smell that was still lingering and she said it smelled more like snake than skunk.  I never knew that they would put off a stinky smell when they feel threatened.  I figure Al had him cornered on the porch and his stinker went off.  I do not like snakes.  At.All.  I know they are good for the world and all that but they creep me out.  

I went to the old house to fetch some gardening tools this morning and lo and behold as soon as I opened the basement door I saw a snake skin haning on old flower baskets.  It was then that I decided to keep Al.  I had him lined up for transport with Paws2Care this morning and of course he was nowhere to be found at the appointed time.  Typical cat shenanigans.  It's like he KNEW I was getting rid of him.  So now, Cali rules the house and Al is on outdoor patrol.  He wants in so bad he can't stand it but I have limits.  I feed him and play nice.  

I'm so ready to start gardening but I have zero help and limited time.  There are a few things I will transplant from up there to down here.  There's a frost warning for 2 nights this week so I figure I can really get to business after that.  

It's Holy Week y'all.  Remember what that means ^j^

No comments:

Post a Comment