Monday, March 15, 2021

fine

One of my earliest mentors in the recovery field was Jack who visited our SS class at one time.  Fearful, insecure, neurotic and egotistical.  That was the acronym.  I have been that way many times in my life choosing to focus on myself rather than turning to the universe and Big Ernie to guide me.  Control is very hard habit to break.  It's the cornerstone of co-dependency.  

Mary Beth's sermon today was about grace, what we Wesleyans call prevenient grace.  You can't earn it like a trophy by being good.  It is a gift that comes straight from God and protects us where we are.  My personal opinion is that when you realize that what you do is a sin and continue to do it,  God knows that.  There aren't many ya know.  Don't lie or steal.  Honor thy parents.  Do not worship false gods.  Do not kill.  Easy peasy until you get into the ones who want to pigeon hole "do  not kill" into no abortions.  How about the death penalty?  Oh yeah, they're all over that.  Grace meets those who need it the most.  The single mother raising a child and working a minimum wage job.  The sick and dying.  The lonely.  The desperate.  This is what the wilderness looks like to many people.  

Hopefully this is my last day of hot spotting.  Forked Deer Connect is coming in the morning to finish the job.  Do i hear an amen?  The mail is slow in coming because of the change of address but I'm doing my part to let folks know where I live.  I know one chick who saw her stimulus hit because she filed early.  That was like less than a week after signing.  I hope you all spend it on a beach vacation.  Mine's going to the bank.  

My companion and I visited FUMC today which involved a wheel chair because the offices are so far away.  We did Shethe handicap parking and PL met us at the door with the equipment.  She admired the sanctuary, especially the stained glass.  As we passed over toward the office area they were easy to read.  Fred Moore and others.  I wore a hoodie because it was cool when I left home and by golly it turned out to be a 75 degree day.  Yes, I was sweatin'.

Y'all be nice and all.  Jesus will love you for it ^j^




No comments:

Post a Comment