Monday, March 8, 2021

you're not alone

I am a huge Paul Carrack fan and I listened to one of the songs from his new project.  It moved me in a way where I was able to think about all the friends and random folks along the way have helped me to become who I am now.  They are doctors and lawyers and Indian chiefs, those big of heart and soul.  Most of them are people who truly love me and want to support me however they can.  I have a very supportive family, friend/employer and a host of people at the UMC who have literally prayed me back into good health.  I am proud of who my daughter become and love that baby like chicken.  We have a relationship that will never break.  There will be drama and whatnot but we've always got the others' backs,  Lauren was the one that put out the 911 that I was what you call "gravely ill" last January.  Random people showed up then and prayed me back to life when I woke up on a vent.  I distinctly remember Lauren all up in my face trying to calm me down when I woke up.  "What happened?" I mouthed.  The rest is a blur.  There was a Vietnamese dying ceremony next door and all other assorted emergencies.  I try not to think about it.  Several MemphoFriends came to see me and deliver what I needed.  That was back when you could visit patients or have somebody stay with you.  Regina was there by my side for three days straight, God love her.  

As fate would have it my insurance lapsed earlier in the month because the premium went sky high and I didn't know it.  We filed an appeal from my hospital room and it was resolved in July.  That marketplace has a lot of steps to maneuver.  I blame Trump because I went from a zero premium to 1300.  Republicans hate that kind of stuff.  If anybody doesn't recognize healthcare as a basic human right, I think they are pitiful.  Look at all those Doctors Without Borders people!

Y'all keep faith in your pocket and express love in action ^j^


























































No comments:

Post a Comment